Heartsaver® CPR AED
Heartsaver is the essential CPR and automated external defibrillator (AED) course. Foundational and flexible, Heartsaver provides you with the skills and confidence to respond to a cardiac arrest.
The vast majority of cardiac arrests happen at home, in public places and workplaces. If you ever witness one, chances are it will happen to a family member or someone you work with or care about.
Heartsaver is designed for people who don’t have medical training but who want to learn how to help someone having a cardiac arrest.
This course is for:
- Anyone needing a course completion card for workplace, volunteer or other requirements.
- Those who want to be ready, willing and able to help in case of a cardiac arrest or choking.
- Caregivers, parents and families with children or infants, who want to be prepared for a cardiac arrest, choking or other health emergency.
The Heartsaver CPR AED course covers:
- How high-quality CPR improves survival
- The concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognizing when someone needs CPR
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Adult choking relief
The Heartsaver CPR AED + Child + Infant course includes all of the above, and:
- Child CPR, AED and choking
- Infant CPR and choking
The Heartsaver CPR AED Level C course incorporates all of the above, with the addition of a written knowledge exam.
Other course options include the addition of:
- Anaphylaxis treatment (Quebec only)
- Opioid-associated life-threatening emergencies
Frequently asked questions
Class sizes are limited to 8 students. This allows ample time for leach learner to practice skills and gain confidence. There may be times when class sizes are less than 8.
You can check with your employer on contact me at [email protected] and I may be able to help you.
First responders are considered” Healthcare workers” and we do offer a BLS program that can be taught in half a day. Additional training is also available upon request, such as response to opioid poisonings. We can run a multitude of different real-life scenarios to help you gain confidence in the field.
Refunds are available only if the class is cancelled by Northumberland First Aid and CPR.
Heart & Stroke strongly recommends that all resuscitation instructors and their students be fully vaccinated in order to create the safest possible teaching and learning environment. Heart & Stroke requires that each credentialed instructor create and implement their own COVID-19 vaccination policy and make it easily accessible to students prior to course registration to help students make an informed decision about their resuscitation education.